Aims and Objectives
The Primary aim of the teaching faculty of Police Modern School is focus on the holistic development of the child.
Through the development and strengthening of the child, the teacher direct their efforts to the establishment of a healthy social order by education and social action they help students to grow. They accept responsibility for the all round development of the child preparing them to live confidently in a rapidly changing world and to be an effective instrument in the betterment of society.
For this they help the child:
- to grasp basic human values viz. concern for others, respect for propriety, self-discipline, honesty and self-reliance.
- to explore their potential and thus develop their skills stimulating their creative ability to enable them to earn their livelihood and be the person who will transform their society to fit into it.
We, therefore aim, at promoting the entire development of the student with respect to their,
- Adjustment to Environment.
- Personal Growth.
- Adjustment to Environment :
To fit each Student to live in a modern civilized world through adjustment to their environment we aim to train them for
i. Home Life ii. Work Life & Skill iii. Civic Life
i. Home Life – To prepare them for an for an effective and satisfying membership of the most important unit in the community.
ii. Work Life and Skill – To qualify with a suitable occupation which will make a major contribution to their community, with reference to productivity, creativity and economy.
iii. Civic Life – To be prepared for active democratic participation in the life of their community and nation in big and small ways.
- Personal Growth:
Through our education we will endeavour to help the student to attain a total integrated personality through the spiritual, moral, physical, intellectual, aesthetic, cultural, emotional and social transformation.
- Spiritual – To respond to God’s call, and to achieve such personal communion with Him so that prayer and life become inter-woven.
- Moral – To enable them to develop a strong and self reliant character which will help them to make the right choice in values and behaviour when called upon to do so.
- Physical – To develop and maintain a sound body, establishing habits and attitudes that are good and healthy thus contributing to their physical and emotional growth.
- Intellectual – To cultivate the intellect, teaching them to discuss, enquire, analyse, evaluate and judge rightly.
- Aesthetic – To value truth, to be creative and to be sensitive to human nature and to find beauty in all its forms-Literature, Art, music and Nature.
- Cultural – To assimilate the culture of their own country through its conservation, transmission and renewal and to appreciate cultures of other regions and other nations.
- Emotional – To enhance self-awareness and to grow in the knowledge and understanding of their inner self, to regulate their emotions and to attain mature growth by self-acceptance of their potentialities and limitations.